Saturday, January 16, 2021

Entry into the world of Quilts






Am extremely happy to share the firstever completed attempt with the quilt! 💓 This is of queen-size comforter. So happy to make this for a very senior colleague, who completed his Sahatra-chandradarshan (= He saw 1000 full moons in his life = 81 years old). He was so happy to see that on video call! It has been now sent to him. 

The designing, cutting, piecing, basting was done by me. Would have loved to hand-quilt it myself, but for the want of time, it was outsourced. And I must say that the lady has done a fabulous job. I enjoyed very bit of it. Thanks to all the loving ladies of Mumbai Chapter of Desi Quilters. You all have boosted my morale so much! 

Working with fabric, sewing, quilting is so therapeutic for me! I am looking forward to taking this romance with quilting to a higher level in the time to come. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment